Roots

Monday, April 24, 2017

To hell with binaries!!

I stand with legs apart. Not just bcoz of the 'Hero' I'm balancing. Bcoz my balance is more important than my grace. 
I am comfortable in my skin. 
I am carefree.
I am confident. 
I am assertive. In words and voice and poise and presence.I am MASCULINE.

Yet, but, even more, beyond it, I am, so, ah, how do I put it...there's no single word. I am a WOMAN.
Before the laws were created of how the womb vessel should clatter and the seed carrier should clang, before the dawn of organised civilized clutter, I roared wildly over the raw horizon. Do you hear it? Untwine your veins and connect them to the chords of the ancient energy swirling in the winds of the universe. The voltage would blast you into dust. 
The, if you had the courage, to keep going, to know me, beyond my strong sinews, you would meet my smoothness - silky, thick, voluptuous. Murderous to all your senses, you would be shocked to meet another adjective. Yes, I am SENSUAL. 
Tell me, can you contain me? In a glance, in a role, in a relationship, into even a WORD? 
No, that single word is one billionth of me. And adjective? There's isn't one born to define me yet. Not even PHENOMENAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment