Roots

Monday, June 17, 2013

Veruugal

Hello world!

Veruugal mean 'roots' in Malayalam.

Is this blog a journal of exploration? An excavation of soil of facts, trenches of experiences, rocks of adversities, and so on, to ultimately reach the goal - roots? No.

By veruugal, I imply 'essence'. Essence that solidly upholds me, that stretches beneath me and beyond me, that binds me to you, you to others, us to humanity, to other life forms and lifeless forms. Essence that gives us consciousness, wisdom, intuition, vitality. If this still didn't make sense to you, compare veruugal to 'social consciousness' that Carl Jung talks about. Or, if you have read him, veruugal are exactly the 'roots' Dr Scott M Peck talks about.

Veruugal are instrinsic. So real, more real than me.

So, I'm not interested in any intellectual or literary excavation. Yes, exploration will happen; it's a part of life, but not it's sole purpose.

What I am interested is in the flow, since I flow from the veruugal. As my my body, mind and soul flow in the course of time, I capture some parts of the essence here.

You are welcome here, friend, another part of this essence!

P.S. I'm called 'Chandni Girija'

No comments:

Post a Comment