Roots

Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Long Way to Walk

I scratch my beard
And burrow my eyes
Deep, brown, concerned
Yet twinkling
At the new turn
Posed by life

I took fifty such turns
Some carefully considered
Some flamboyant
But always striving
Towards a deeper me
A better me
A better world around me

The dogs of confusion
Hounded me
Yet the horses of passion
Pulled me
A charioteer, a passenger
I led, I followed

The mensa puzzle of life
Unravelled to me in bits
But my goal is clear to me
Clear as the day
As another bit reveals today
I am elated
Yet grounded

I reckon my life forces
And summon my oaky wisdom
To sustain the further distance
My fifty-first turn,
I am ready
To meet you
Arms open
Sure-footed
And laughing!!

Here, here, I come ...

(Dedicated to Prasad Chacko Sir, Director of Behavioural Science Centre, St. Xavier's College, Ahmedabad on his 51st birthday)

No comments:

Post a Comment