Roots

Friday, May 2, 2014

The Leap

Long ago, in a dew-dipped time, I was born, a thought, in my mother's mind. She nourished and cherished me, and finally, I was born labouring against entropy, against gravity, against sunlight. And yet, there I was, a gurgling jumble of words, naked before the stark light. I crawled, whinnied about. Slowly, I found my a grip. I found commas, semicolons and ellipsis. I found pronouns, adjectives, and conjunctions. I found the strength to move about, to explore and fight my way about. I also learnt happiness, in streaks of shade.
The hardest of my lessons was learning the full stop. And I am yet to learn it fully. But, I am on my way. My shape has formed, and my meaning is in the right direction.
Tomorrow, I shall be taking flight. To an island of dreams. An island where I shall be protected from the hard contours, and yet exposed to new alleyways. Where I could grow wider, lighter, more meaningful. Tomorrow, I shall be making the leap for my dreams.

Dedicated to a Jet Setter about to Make a Huge Leap in Life

No comments:

Post a Comment