Roots

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Discordance

The chords of my throat
Strum again that tune
The despicable tune of melancholy
The synchronicity is beautiful
Like the mewling of a goatling
Or the meowing of a kitten
That reaches the tender pockets of your bossom
You want to pick up that thing,
Stroke away its distress
That tune reaches a pocket in your head too
The pocket of flowiness
You want to pick up a paintbrush
And action that tune into colours
That thing here is me
That tune is me
The listener too is me
Only a larger pocket in my head speaks up
It says,
"Shut up, shut up, you ... thing.
Get up, get up
And go about your day."
I get up, get up
Sighing
I put the water to brew for the tea
I pull loose my pony-tail
I tie the rubber-band around the throat chords
Silence.
Work.
Adulthood.
- 07-10-18

No comments:

Post a Comment