Roots

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

The Origin of my Axis

My zero-zero is lost!
My graph now begins 
At random point, jarrs
Breaks, starts again!
I do not make sense to me!
Give me, my math back!
I do not sit well 
In the world of words!

I am knocking at your door 
Again
You let me in
I gravitate to my usual spot
My body cowers
In the force of the question
That hangs in my eyes
That I ask you stealthily
In a glance
That keeps falling onto you
That keeps falling onto you
Askance
Like a crazy magnet
I am a
Picture of a fishhook
Being pulled towards you
Do you not notice the sea-storm?
How in hell, are you so calm?

My menstruating crotch
And my dandruffed scalp
In my sly, pendulating glance
Are asking you just this, my beloved:
Do you
Do you really want me?

The ghost of words 
Has followed me out
I know there's quietude in your house
And I know
That I have left behind
A stain on your sofa
-
Chandni Girija

Day 20 of 30 | 30 Poems in 30 Days | National Poetry Writing Month #napowrimo #napowrimo2022

No comments:

Post a Comment