Roots

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Diary Entry: April 22, 2021

Time
Time is not a construct
Time is real, a physical reality
Time is my prematurely grey hair
Time is my healed dog bite scar
Time is my cracked laptop cover
Time is Amma's dilapidating arm chair
Time is the death of our known ones
Time is the death of unknown ones
Time is election time
Time is political priorities
Time is a crumbling healthcare system
Time is my friend's daughter's fifth birthday
Time is the new litter of my niece's cat
Time is the omnipresent blueness
Time is the pulsating frustration
Time is dejection
Time is hopelessness
Time is real, ask these physical realities
Time is not a construct
-
Chandni Girija
April 22, 2021

An experimentation of form, inspired from napowrimo's Day 21 prompt to use a 'repetitive set-up' 

Day 22 of 30 | 30 Poems in 30 Days | National Poetry Writing Month #napowrimo

No comments:

Post a Comment