Roots

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Good Feeling

I try to remember
Something different had happened today
The remnant feeling pulls attention
As space in my head clears
Sensation meets linguistic recognition
Memory box in the head is shaken
Reflection and rumination
Other feelings are stirred

A single human
A body
A brain
A mind
So many processes

I had laughed hard today
Very, very hard
Unusual exercise
For the stomach muscles
I remembered peeing my pants
I missed being with my friends

Maharashtra talks
Of another lockdown
I am here
With my walls
Me and my walls
We have gone around
The earth's axis once
Me and my walls
Snugly fixed
In this time-space axis
However,
In this moment
I have 
To treasure
A remnant belly ache
:)

Chandni Girija
April 11, 2021

Day 11 of 30 | 30 Poems in 30 Days | National Poetry Writing Month #napowrimo

1 comment: