Roots

Friday, April 30, 2021

Hunger

Rains are about to come
I await the wetness
The first drops will awaken that
First rain smell
My hair will be drenched again
The droplets will be fingers
Caressing my waist, I will be
Reminded I am a woman again
I shall think of my unborn children
How I haven't held them yet
How I haven't held their children yet
I shall think of books, so many books
Ideas, genres, domains
I haven't explored yet
Data mine fields
I haven't exploded yet
I shall think of books and volumes
I haven't written yet
Virgin paper that I haven't inked yet
I shall think of songs and movies
That I haven't adored yet
The plays, the recitals, the performances
I haven't been to yet 
I shall think of my students
My wonderful, brilliant students 
Whose minds (and hearts) 
I haven't touched yet
I shall think of my remarkable friends
Whose laughter, warmth, goodness
I haven't soaked yet
I shall think of my lover
Whom I haven't met yet
Whose kisses I haven't stolen yet
Tomorrow if death takes me suddenly
I shall go with her as her comrade
But she should know
And should all who knew me know
That I wasn't 
I wasn't 
I wasn't 
I wasn't done yet.
-
Chandni Girija
April 30, 2021 

Day 30 of 30 | 30 Poems in 30 Days | National/Global Poetry Writing Month #NaPoWriMo #GloPoWriMo

This is it. The journey of 30 days ends here. A slight sadness in me as I hit 'publish.' 
Life is a gift. Have unabashed hunger for it. Only that will help you hold on tenaciously, and fight! Have patience. The rains are about to come. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment