Roots

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

The Silent Song

In the mundaneness of daily routine
In the pristine perfection of my work
In the chugging rhythm of commingled commute
In the Sunday group walk banter
In the domestic chatter
In the bedroom moments
No one
No one notices
The glassiness of my eyes
How I disappear for moments
Into emptiness 
How latched to my laughter
Is a melancholy
No one
No one notices
Stifled underneath my perfume
Is a stink
A stink I have mastered
In hiding
No one
No one knows
My world is divided into two
Their world
And my world
I camouflage to the dot
Yet
No one
No one knows
I do not belong in their world
And I cannot escape my own
My curse is I carry goodness
Buttoned with my darkness
It never lets me forget
No one
No one knows
I am a ghost
Going through a man's motions
Only I know
And so I sing
In the silent loudness of my head. 
-
Chandni Girija
April 20, 2021

Inspired from Orhan Pamuk's 'My Name is Red' 

Day 20 of 30 | 30 Poems in 30 Days | National Poetry Writing Month #napowrimo

1 comment: