Roots

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

The Desk Warrior

Sleep, sleep go away
Go hang by the crescent moon's corner
I only get these hours 
You come to take away the rest
In your arms
You hold me tight 
Sometimes I have bruises after the night
My neck hurts
My shoulders too 
Last year where I had surgery
That throbs too 
I wish I could find a well
Or a canyon
I could then go scream in privacy
To my heart's content 
I could then go about my work pile
Nonchalantly like my pumping heart
But that well from my native village
And that canyon from the documentary I had seen
Only pop in my 2-minute tea break fantasies 
These screams accumulate inside of me
While all anyone sees
Are my round smiling back
And my perennial nodding Buddha head
-
Chandni Girija 

Day 18 of 30 | 30 Poems in 30 Days | National Poetry Writing Month #napowrimo 

2 comments:

  1. "And my perennial nodding Buddha head"
    Ohh! Quite! Such a strong finish.

    ReplyDelete