Roots

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Why do I Write?

Why so many colours
Bursting, mixing, shading
Why so many colours
Why these tunes
Why the rhythms 
Why add the music 
Why animate the words
I think I want to paint
I think I want to sing
I think I want to dance
And all I do is write
All I can do is write 
All I can do through writing
All I can do through just writing 
Little rivers inside me
All they want is to flow
Painting rivers
Song rivers
Dance rivers
They dam against my inanimate hands
My inanimate voice 
All I do is type
All I can do is type 
Bore little holes on the dams
Channel the struggling water
Temper the flow
All the water wants is to flow
The water 
The water must flow
Must, must flow
The water must flow
-
Chandni Girija

Day 27 of 30 | 30 Poems in 30 Days | National Poetry Writing Months #napowrimo


I have been asking myself why my poem posts on some mediums are in a certain way. Lately, they have been ending up on YouTube. This is a meta piece on that line of enquiry. However, the biography of the why is still incomplete, I suspect. 
This would have been a fitting last day poem. It came out today though. 🙂 This is one of those poems that requires recitation; not so much of a cerebral one. But then, again, I am trying to sing 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment